1. What is #ThePanhandleGives and when will it take place?
o Nine days of enhanced charitable giving to support diverse nonprofits in the Texas Panhandle
o November 23 – December 1, 2020
2. What are the benefits of participating in #ThePanhandleGives?
o Organizations have an opportunity to increase their donor bases
o Nonprofits can use online and social media tools to enhance their public outreach
o Nonprofits that raise a minimum of $250 can receive amplification funds
o Increased awareness of your organization and its mission
3. How can nonprofits earn amplification dollars?
o The bonus percentage will be calculated after the total from #ThePanhandleGives has been determined
o Nonprofits that raise at least $250 will receive a percentage match from the amplification fund
o The match will be based on the percentage of the total raised for #ThePanhandleGives campaign that was designated for the participating nonprofit and receipted through the Amarillo Area Foundation
4. How much of each donation will nonprofits receive?
o All designated gifts to the nonprofit will be given to that organization plus amplification money earned at the end of The Panhandle Gives campaign
5. What are the fees from online donations? As of 8/19/2020 the AAF Board approved to pay online fees for nonprofits during The Panhandle Gives 2020 campaign. We encourage donating online to keep everyone safer from COVID-19 and to further support our nonprofits during The Panhandle Gives 2020 campaign. Normal fees are listed below for full transparency and how giving online will help nonprofits even more. Credit Card: 3% platform fee, 2.2% credit card fee, plus 30 cents = 5.2% + .30 per transaction; ACH: 3% platform fee plus $3.00 flat fee = 3% + $3.00 per transaction (minimum amount of donation $100).
6. Do all donations have to go through the #ThePanhandleGives website, or can donors also contribute by check or cash?
o All online donations eligible for Amplification Funds must go through www.thepanhandlegives.org and will receive an automatic thank you receipt
o Donors may contribute by check, money order, or cash at our TPG sponsoring banks: Happy State Bank, FirstBank Southwest, and Amarillo National Bank
o All offline donations will be receipted by the Amarillo Area Foundation
7. Can organizations collect cash during #ThePanhandleGives?
o Organizations may conduct fundraisers during #ThePanhandleGives that generate cash. Such fundraisers must be communicated with AAF prior to November 23, 2020
o Amarillo Area Foundation reserves the right to audit bank statements to verify the source of the cash deposit if cash exceeds $10,000
o Amarillo Area Foundation will request the Currency Transaction Report from the bank for deposits of $10,000 or more
8. Is there a limit to the amount that a nonprofit can receive on the #ThePanhandleGives?
9. How and when will nonprofits receive their #ThePanhandleGives donations?
o Donations will be distributed to each nonprofit after the campaign
o If we are unable to have an in person wrap up ceremony, checks will be mailed or you can make an appointment to pick up your check at the AAF office
o Participating AAF fund holders will have donations deposited directly into their fund
10. Do nonprofits need to issue thank you letters and tax receipts to their #ThePanhandleGives donors?
o Amarillo Area Foundation will be responsible for issuing all tax receipts
o We strongly encourage you to provide prompt and thoughtful thank you’s to each donor
11. How does an organization know who has donated and how much they gave?
o Reports from the platform is provided for each organization to download donor information during and after the campaign in order for the nonprofit to thank the donor
12. Who do I contact with questions about #ThePanhandleGives?
o Christina Pittman: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 806-206-1555