1. What is #ThePanhandleGives and when will it take place?
o Nine days of enhanced charitable giving to support diverse nonprofits in the Texas Panhandleo November 23 – December 1, 2020
2. What are the benefits of participating in #ThePanhandleGives?
o Organizations have an opportunity to increase their donor bases
o Nonprofits can use online and social media tools to enhance their public outreach
o Nonprofits that raise a minimum of $250 can receive amplification funds
o Increased awareness of your organization and its mission
3. How can nonprofits earn amplification dollars?
o The bonus percentage will be calculated after the total from #ThePanhandleGives has been determined
o Nonprofits that raise at least $250 will receive a percentage match from the amplification fund
o The match will be based on the percentage of the total raised for #ThePanhandleGives campaign that was designated for the participating nonprofit and receipted through the Amarillo Area Foundation
Example: Total raised by all organizations $100,000.00
Total raised by organization A $10,000.00
% of Giving Tuesday total 10%
Formula $100,000.00 x 10%= $10,000.00
Using the scenario above, the following would be true:
Amount of money raised by organization A $10,000
Amount of amplification dollars organization A qualified for $10,000
Total amount organization A will receive from Amarillo Area Foundation $20,000
4. How much of each donation will nonprofits receive?
o All designated gifts to the nonprofit will be given to the organization net of fees (credit card; platform) plus amplification money at The Panhandle Gives Wrap Up Ceremony
5. What are the fees from online donations? per transaction
o Credit Card: 3% platform fee, 2.2% credit card fee, plus 30 cents = 5.5% + .30 per transaction
o ACH: 3% platform fee plus $3.00 flat fee = 3% + $3.00 per transaction (minimum amount of donation $100)
6. Do all donations have to go through the #ThePanhandleGives website, or can donors also contribute by check or cash?
o All online donations eligible for Amplification Funds must go through www.thepanhandlegives.org and will receive an automatic thank you receipt
o Donors may contribute by check, money order, or cash at our TPG sponsoring banks
o All offline donations will be receipted by the Amarillo Area Foundation
7. Can organizations collect cash during #ThePanhandleGives?
o Organizations may conduct fundraisers during #ThePanhandleGives that generate cash. Such fundraisers must be communicated with AAF prior to November 23, 2020
o Amarillo Area Foundation reserves the right to audit bank statements to verify the source of the cash deposit if cash exceeds $10,000
o Amarillo Area Foundation will request the Currency Transaction Report from the bank for deposits of $10,000 or more
8. Is there a limit to the amount that a nonprofit can receive on the #ThePanhandleGives?
9. How and when will nonprofits receive their #ThePanhandleGives donations?
o Donations will be distributed at the Panhandle Gives WrapUup Ceremony in December 2020
o Those unable to attend the wrap up ceremony, checks will be mailed
o Participating AAF fund holders will have donations deposited directly into their fund
10. Do nonprofits need to issue thank you letters and tax receipts to their #ThePanhandleGives donors?
o Amarillo Area Foundation will be responsible for issuing all tax receipts
o We strongly encourage you to provide prompt and thoughtful thank you’s to each donor
11. How does an organization know who has donated and how much they gave?
o Reports from the platform is provided for each organization to download donor information during and after the campaign in order for the nonprofit to thank the donor
12. Who do I contact with questions about #ThePanhandleGives?
o Christina Pittman: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 806-206-1555